Sunday, March 20, 2011

This is how smart people deal with stupid people

Education.



Note that Tim said after his Mexican friends started hanging out with him, he was seen as Tim to them, and no longer a Cino or Cilito(?). And before he educated them, they weren't ever aware that China was part of Asia or that "Asia" wasn't actually a country. Ignorance will continue unless the ignorant learns from the educated. Sometimes the ignorant can learn just simply by being engrossed in a culture. I dated a guy who actually thought Asian people looked the way they do because of a nuclear mutation. He wasn't even trying to be mean. He was puzzled by our unique looks and was curious by it. But it's still shocking isn't it? Nuclear mutation wtf. hahahah After I told him that we have eyes shaped as such due to evolution, and that they protected us from the dry, windy and sandy deserts back in the days, he was very surprised, but really happy to have learnt the new fact.

So what happens when someone ignorant is unwilling to learn about others, doesn't give a shit about others and continuously publicly disses others? Like Angeline Marri Austen? My guess is that she doesn't actually have true Malaysian / local friends. My guess is that she is in an international school or is living and only hanging out with international people who are very ignorant and obnoxious. If she actually gets off her high horse and interact with the locals she will have a different perspective. I would even argue that, she's not even at the same maturity level as those challenging her. She just didn't seem to grasp what others were trying to say. Its like, instead of understand others were trying to help her not be so offensive or judgmental, she thought others were trying to challenge/attack her. From her Facebook page she looked like a child. Then she claimed to be a law student. But judging by the way she was arguing with others, she made no sense and had no structure to her arguments at all. She is a child. But age can't be an excuse. I know children younger than her who are more mature and intelligent and most importantly humble.

The thing is, the more I write about this girl, the more angry I get because no one should be excused for such offensive and ignorant words. Then the more angry I get the more I think about how young and immature she is, that, I find I am wasting my time trying to talk about it. I can only hope age could teach her something or two about manners.... and fucking intelligence.

Ugh. I'm really glad I came across Tim's video though. A lot of people can't understand how people can get so ignorant. But then again, just because someone is ignorant doesn't mean they should easily be excused. Right? But what can we do? Except for hope that they grow up soon? I said this to JJ, guess I'll say it again, karma will be fair.

Karma... please get her good kthnxbye :)

No comments:

Post a Comment