Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Baking!

So, in a few days I baked some:
 coffee and salted caramel macarons
mocha (coffee and dark chocolate) macarons
banana bread
red velvet cupcakes with rose water cream cheese frosting

These are my resting macarons. 
This is a very very important step in macaron making because they seriously determine the strength of the crust and size of feet when being baked.
This is the salted caramel ^^

Ready! they are pretty awesome!

Always find matching pairs and arrange them neatly to help with piping.

And one little bugger didn't have a pair. 
So I triple layered one macaron!
And as usual.... I always overpipe the fillings.....

And then topped with cocoa powder.

These were the batches for the mocha macarons.
The difference of the biscuit was that I dusted cocoa powder on them while they were still wet and resting.
Look at the size of those feet! 

No flash

These are the mini banana breads I made using the one last banana in the house. 
That was all of it - 2 muffins, from one banana.. and they tasted sooo good fresh from the oven with butter.

I saw this while having lunch in a Japanese restaurant today.
I don't know if you can see it but I think... the subject is wripping off condom wrapper using her mouth?

Anyway,
Red velvet cupcakes!

These are mini ones.

Rose water cream cheese frosting. 
Dear Malaysian friends, its basically bandung flavoured cream cheese frosting :D yep, the saaame syrup.

My frosted mini cupcakes.

And a summary photo of my latest baked goods.
Red velvet cupcake with rose water cream cheese frosting, and,
Mocha macarons (there were some salted caramel in these ones too 
because I didn't want to chuck the left overs hehe)

By the way! I bought some disposable piping bags with reusable piping tips (came in the same packet). Yayy.. they weren't even expensive but they make a huge difference on the cupcakes don't they. 

Good night~

No comments:

Post a Comment