Monday, March 22, 2010

Hail storm in Perth

I knew it was going to rain today, I just didn't know it was going to HAIL first.

I was doing my own thing on the net.. you know, stalking people on Facebook then the loudness started to bother me. I was thinking why was today's rain so bloody loud? Little did I know it was hailing! Huge mafakin balls of ice! and it was loud because the neighbour building was a warehouse. Yes metal everywhere.

I got a little fobbish and took a video of the storm. Just cause I thought the hail cubes were massive. Even least year's weren't as big.

I heard some cars got wrecked. I was at home the whole time so I had no idea how mine was affected. I know some of my brother's art work were destroyed. We put them outside leaning against the balcony (they look good sitting there okay). I swear I wanted to save them but the hail looked vicious! I didnt want to be beaten up by a hail storm.... you never win :p

Here are some photos posted on Facebook...



View from Ja's front lawn after the storm



Massive hail balls


Ja's cat who survived the ordeal





Condolences to the Botany students in UWA


Golf ball sized hail


Someone's wrecked car

Someone getting a beating
.
.
.
.
Now the worst photo. Honestly, this disturbed me the most. I started blogging feeling fine and unaffected... until I saw this photo (and the caption) while saving photos from Facebook
Caption was "Dead ducks.. RIP"
I am really really, deeply disturbed. Can you imagine the poor things... they were pretty much beatened to DEATH. Had no where else to go! Its just so.. brutal. My heart hurts :(

No comments:

Post a Comment