Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Out of unemployment by next week!

Surprise surprise. I will start a job by next week... as a nursing assistant at a rehab hospital!

This was one of the jobs I applied for early this year but have never heard from till yesterday. I was told to come in for an interview today and I did and here I am blogging about it straight after.

Its funny how things can end up, I applied for Serco (the one where I had to go through the assessment and interview) and then got worried because though there will be paid training for 4 weeks, $18 an hour, I don't know if being there everyday of the week for 4 weeks is compulsory. But look at that! 18 an hour... being paid just to LEARN. After the training, your pay increases to $28 an hour. This opportunity is just too good to pass if I get offered you know? But as I just mentioned, I was worried because doing the training will definitely affect my uni commitments. Apart from tutorials I can't miss, I have responsibilities as a group member to be there and contribute weekly at the meetings.

I am now TRUTHFULLY HOPING, Serco doesn't offer me a position. But if they do, I'm going to try my luck negotiating about the training. If they could compromise with me, e.g. I'm allowed to miss some days of the training, I'll do the it and will ask for just 1 shift a week. It's a new operation though, I doubt they will "need" me that much, considering there were so many people at the assessment centre.

But hey, whatever :) I don't need them either (not now anyway).

*squeals* I'm excited for this nursing assistant gig. Really! The private hospital looks great, small and indeed very private. The staff are close knit and supportive and professional but so friendly.

Oh happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment